Classified Staff Benefits, Leave, & Forms
A wide range of benefit options are offered by the State of Colorado to classified employees. New employees must enroll in a plan within 31 days of their hire date. Once a year during the Open Enrollment period, employees can make changes to existing coverage. Mid-year changes are allowed for select qualifying life events, such as birth, marriage, and spousal employment changes.
Benefit eligibility is based upon the position held, and may be attached to both full- and part-time, qualifying positions.
- Description of Benefit Plans & Rates (medical, dental, life, disability)
- Enroll, Review, and Make Changes to Benefits
- Retirement (Colorado PERA)
- State of Colorado Employee Handbook
- Disability Claim Form (Short Term & Long Term)
- Medical History Statement (for Long Term Disability)
Annual & Sick Leave
Classified staff leave rules are governed by the Colorado State Personnel Board Rules and Procedures. The State of Colorado Employee Handbook offers detailed information on leave.
Annual leave is used for personal needs and requires advance approval by your supervisor or appointing authority.
|Years of Service||Hours Earned/Month||Max. Accrual (Cap)|
|1-5 years||8 hours||192 hours (24 days)|
|6-10 years||10 hours||240 hours (30 days)|
|11-15 years||12 hours||288 hours (36 days)|
|16 years+||14 hours||336 hours (42 days)|
Full-time employees accrue sick leave at 6.66 hours/month, for a maximum accrual of 360 hours (45 days).
Sick Leave is used for health reasons, including diagnostic and preventative examinations, treatment, and recovery.
Accrued sick leave may be used for the health needs of the employee, employee's child who is under the age of 18 or an adult child who is disabled, parent, spouse, injured military service member or veteran as established under rule 5-24, legal dependent, or a person in the household for whom the employee is the primary care giver.
Forms & Information
- AHEC Staff
- Accounting Services
- Human Resources
- HR Survey
- Current Employee Information, Forms, & Benefits
- Classified Staff Benefits, Leave, & Forms
- Non-Classified Staff (Exempt) Benefits, Leave, & Forms
- Other Pay & Leave
- Holiday Schedule
- Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA)
- RTD EcoPass for Staff
- Work-Life Employee Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Worker’s Compensation
- Ergonomic Evaluations
- Personnel Administration Forms
- HR Policies
- Employment Opportunities
- Guiding Principles
- 9th Street News Employee Newsletter
- Contact Us
- Information Technology
- Integrated Marketing & Communications
- Procurement Services