Please review and follow these procedures and processes when traveling on behalf of the Auraria Higher Education Center.
- Travel Rules
- Travel Authorization Process
- Travel Expense Reimbursement / Receipt Submission
- Helpful Information and Links to Travel Resources
- All travelers must abide by AHEC Fiscal Rules–Chapter 5 Travel.
- Please read before you travel so you can be properly reimbursed for your allowable expenses.
A travel authorization form is not required, but you will need email approval BEFORE you travel, or commit any funds related to the travel (See AHEC Fiscal rule Chapter 5 Section 4 TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION).
- Note: If travel is not approved per rules, and you spend money on travel, you may not be eligible for reimbursement.
When requesting authorization for travel, please include enough information for your approving official (generally a Director level or above) and/or the Chief Executive Officer (or delegate, which is generally your area VP) to make an informed decision on whether or not to approve your travel.
Suggested items to include in your request:
- Dates and times of travel
- Estimated cost for travel
- Purpose of travel / people and organizations contacted
- If a travel advance is needed
View a sample email requesting travel to use as a template »
If you received an advance and/or are seeking reimbursement for your expenses, please submit to accounting electronically within 60 days of travel.
Once travel is completed:
- Fill out the travel expense reimbursement form and sign electronically
- Scan receipts and any backup documentation your approving official will need to approve your request for reimbursement
- Email the expense reimbursement form along with backup information to your approving official
- Your approving official will submit this to accounts payable for payment
Note: Meals are not allowable on the P-card. Use per diem rates below.
- Please refer to AHEC fiscal rule “Mileage Reimbursement Policy”.
- Note: Effective January 1, 2018, mileage is reimbursed at 49 cents per mile for regular vehicles (contact accounting if 4-wheel-drive is required for travel).
Per Diem for Meals and Incidentals
- Per diem is determined by the destination location. If the city/county of your destination is not listed in the appendix, use the base amount.
- Per Diem Rates »
- Fiscal rules require AHEC employees to use the state-approved rental car agencies.
- Automobile Rental Price Agreements »
- In general, AHEC very closely follows state guidelines and fiscal rules for travel. Additional information on travel, mileage, meal, and incidental per diem rates are provided by the State of Colorado's Travel Fiscal Rule.
- AHEC Staff
- Accounting Services
- Human Resources
- HR Survey
- Current Employee Information, Forms, & Benefits
- Classified Staff Benefits, Leave, & Forms
- Non-Classified Staff (Exempt) Benefits, Leave, & Forms
- Other Pay & Leave
- Holiday Schedule
- Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA)
- RTD EcoPass for Staff
- Work-Life Employee Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Worker’s Compensation
- Ergonomic Evaluations
- Personnel Administration Forms
- HR Policies
- Employment Opportunities
- Guiding Principles
- Employee Awards
- 9th Street News Employee Newsletter
- Contact Us
- Information Technology
- Integrated Marketing & Communications
- Procurement Services